Compassionate Dorset Terms and Conditions
Compassionate Dorset is a completely voluntary community animal welfare group promoting compassionate living - particularly for the benefit of farm animals - through local fundraising events and global creative projects. Our main aim is to help end factory farming by empowering consumers to make a difference for animals, people and our planet - simply through their food shopping choices.
Our group was founded in November 2009 and has informal meetings and social gatherings with volunteers and members in the Dorchester area of Dorset.
Compassionate Dorset is NOT a registered charity and are only affiliated to other charities including Compassion in World Farming, Animal Aid, The Vegetarian Society and The Vegan Society as local supporters. Compassion in World Farming, Animal Aid, The Vegetarian Society and The Vegan Society are therefore NOT accountable for the content of this website, or the actions of the group.
Compassion in World Farming - Local Supporter Group
Compassionate Dorset is also the local supporter group for our favourite charity Compassion in World Farming which was founded in 1967 by a concerned farmer on a mission to improve the lives of farm animals.
Please Note: This website is owned and managed by Compassionate Dorset, a local supporter group for Compassion in World Farming run by local volunteers. Compassion in World Farming is NOT accountable for the content of this website or the actions of the group.
Compassionate Dorset membership is open to anyone who agrees that factory farming must end.
Paying members and volunteers are welcome to attend Dorset group events and vote at any meetings or AGMs.
Membership is to the voluntary community group Compassionate Dorset ONLY and to any of the charities or other groups we support. We are NOT a registered charity.
Membership fees are treated as a donation to help the group pay to print our own materials such as leaflets for example.
Donations and Paying for Membership
All monies go through a Co-operative Community bank account in the name of 'Compassionate Dorset'.
Donations are NOT refundable.
Online Donations through Paypal
Membership fees or donations can be sent online through Paypal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Automatic yearly membership renewals can be set-up through Paypal by direct debit which can be cancelled at any time.
Please click on the links below for Paypal's own Terms & Conditions:-
Legal Agreements for Paypal Services
If you prefer to pay or donate by cheque or UK postal order please email us.
Compassionate Tees / Compassionate Tee-Shop / Compassion Collective is run by voluntary community group Compassionate Dorset as a collective of artists who donate designs for charity.
All online sales are fulfilled, delivered and therefore under contract with the relevant online resellers who print on demand and NOT directly by Compassionate Dorset, EXCEPT for our Etsy shop where prints are printed and shipped directly from Compassionate Dorset.
Currently products are available from Spreadshirt, Redbubble and Society6 under their own Terms and Conditions.
The profits or commission Compassionate Dorset earns through sales via these online resellers is then donated by the group to the relevant charity the designs are sold in aid of, for the percentage quoted on the relevant shop (which varies from 20% to 100%).
Compassionate Dorset distributes the monies as accurately as possible and to the best of our knowledge to reflect actual sales (for example each design/product is sold specifically in aid of one chosen charity). We reserve the right to change which charities we support and what percentage of profits we donate, without notice.
NONE OF THE CHARITIES WE SUPPORT ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY CONTENT ON OUR WEBSITES, OUR DESIGNS, PRODUCTS OR THE ACTIONS OF OUR GROUP. WE JUST CREATE ART TO RAISE FUNDS AND AWARENESS FOR OUR FAVOURITE CHARITIES - FOR THE LOVE OF ANIMALS!
Any information users provide is solely to enable Compassionate Dorset to process your enquiry and provide a high level of service. The information concerning you will be accurate and up to date and will be held in accordance with the law. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
Except as set out here or as required by law or a court of competent jurisdiction, Compassionate Dorset will not reveal any personal data about you to any third party,except to any relevant charity we are promoting or acting on behalf of, but you consent to your such being disclosed to any person, firm or company to whom we may sell the whole or a substantial part of our business or to whom we may transfer any part of our rights or obligations.
By signing up to the mailing list you agree to allow Compassionate Dorset to send you emails occasionally with our latest news, special offers and promotions. You can unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time if you wish by following the 'Unsubscribe' link at the bottom of any promotional emails or by using the unsubscribe form below.
Mailing List Subscribers are managed and stored through third party software by Campaign Monitor whose own Terms can be found here: http://www.campaignmonitor.com/terms.
- compassionatedorset.co.uk is the website of Compassionate Dorset. If you have any queries about privacy or these terms and conditions please email email@example.com. By using compassionatedorset.co.uk you accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The information on the website is subject to change without notice. Compassionate Dorset makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, regarding the completeness, accuracy, reliability, adequacy, suitability, or operation of the website or the information contained in it.
- Compassionate Dorset disclaims all liability arising from negligence or otherwise in relation to the website or in relation to any information contained in it.
- By using the website you accept and assume the risk that information may be out of date, incomplete, and inaccurate or may not meet your individual requirements and you agree that use of the website is at your sole risk.
- The website may contain links to third party websites. Such links are provided for information purposes only and Compassionate Dorset is not responsible for the content of or the accuracy of information contained on such websites. Compassionate Dorset hereby excludes all liability for any claims, loss, demands or damages of any kind whatsoever howsoever arising as a result of accessing third party websites from the links contained in the website.
- Compassionate Dorset shall have no liability to you for any direct or indirect loss suffered, whether financial or otherwise, as a result of any computer viruses or malware originating from or transmitted by any third party via the website.
- The copying, reproduction, redistribution, retransmission or storage of any part of the contents of the website is prohibited unless you are expressly promoting Compassionate Dorset via your blog or social networks for example, in which case a credit to 'Compassionate Dorset' and link back to the website compassionatedorset.co.uk is required.
- These terms shall be governed by English law and you agree that any dispute concerning them or the website shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.